944 Odometer Gear Replacement
1) Remove 9 screws holding front/back together.
2) Remove 4 screws holding speedometer in housing.
3) Gently pull off speedometer needle and remove 2 screws holding face on.
4) Remove 4 screws hold halves of speedometer together.
5) Picture of two halves separated. Brown gear on the right is the one we want to get out.
6) Using a paperclip, push out pin holding in gear.
7) Remove e-clips holding next 2 gears in place.
8) Be sure to clean the broken gear debris out of the good gears or they may bind.
10) Be sure to clean new gear also. It may have manufacturing residue left on it. Reuse e-clips to hold gears in place.
11) New gear in place and speedometer re-assembled.
12) Be sure to get trip reset plunger into solenoid.
13) Install the rest of the screws and job is complete.